Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Suck back or Slam?

I just had my first Tim Tam Suck Back (or Tim Tam Slam). I don't think I will be able to eat another meal today. My stomach is aching. The chocolaty, coffee treat was intense - an explosion in my mouth!

Conor introduced me to Dark Chocolate Tim Tams when I arrived in Brisbane. It might have been one of the first things I ate after landing in Australia. A Tim Tam is a chocolate biscuit (or cookie) made by Arnott's. I am convinced Arnott's is responsible for all biscuits produced in Australia. Their name is on every package in the snack aisle in the grocery store. Two layers of malted biscuit, sweet cream filling, a coating of thin chocolate - that's a Tim Tam.

There's Original, Double Coat, Chewy Caramel, Classic Dark, Crush Honeycomb, Crush Mint Crisp, Crush Cookies N' Cream, the list goes on and on...

Here are a few of the most recent Tim Tam advertisements:






Now, suck back or slam? Conor first introduced the concept to me as a "Suck Back". Many refer to the treat as a "Tim Tam Slam" - which makes sense with the rhyming and all. (But suck back is initially much more intriquing and fun to say.) Either way, the process is the same. You bite off the two short ends of the biscuit, dip one end in a mug of coffee or hot chocolate, and suck the sweet cream from the center of the biscuit, as if the biscuit were a straw. The hot beverage causes the treat to melt in your mouth, as well as dissintegrate between your fingertips. Quickly toss the chocolate mush in your mouth and enjoy!

Whoa.

That Classic Dark Suck Back should have been lunch, not paired with my afternoon cappucinno.

While we are on the topic of tasty treats, Cadbury just realised another advertisement (similar to the Cadbury Gorilla commercials I posted a few weeks back). For those of you who enjoyed the gorilla, give this crazy scene a whirl.



Ridiculous, I know.

Not a follower on Tomorrow Mostly Sunny, become one!

This Post's Recommendation:
Beverage: Gimme! Coffee

5 comments:

  1. Do you think they sped up the playback or are these kids that facially dextrous? I started looking at plane tickets today- save some Tim Tams for me so Conor and I can drink snot rockets or whatever they're called!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennie,
    Keep up the good work. I am enjoying my trip through Australia by means of your adventures.
    Love you and miss you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you did it! You commented on my blog! I am SO proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie,
    Do not expect me to do it again. It must have been a mistake. You know if you push enought computer buttons eventually you will get your message across one way or another.
    Love you and miss you,
    MOM
    P.S. Bella is fine. We played frisbee today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyle, I think you should start a Bella blog. You know, you could update it and show pictures. Tell everyone about how many times she caught the frisbee, or what she and Tawny have been up to. I imagine it would be quite popular!

    ReplyDelete