Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Playlist

After a long day at work I like to unwind by taking a bike ride, jog or long walk. I often also look forward to a cocktail, some trashy television, an hour or so of Facebook stalking (yes, I'll admit, I like to know what all of my "friends" have been up to over the last 24 hours), cooking dinner, and falling asleep at 8:30 after watching an episode of the West Wing.

This evening I decided to unwind with a G&T and a mix of my favourite tunes. I like to lip synch as much as the next guy - here are my suggestions for the perfect "long day" playlist:

Katy Perry, Waking Up in Vegas

Bon Jovi, Livin' on a Prayer (or any other Jon Bon tune for that matter)

Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats

Kenny Loggins, Meet Me Halfway

The Black-Eyed Peas, I Gotta Feeling

Taylor Swift, Love Story

Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror

Genesis, Invisible Touch

My list goes on, but I won't bore you too much with the details and dance moves.

I would like to take a step back and mention my obsession with The West Wing for a moment longer. Yesterday evening I watched the series finale of the show. In March, six months ago, I started watching Sorkin's seven season television series and fell in love with the characters and amazing writing and acting. The West Wing is truly a fabulous show - if you haven't seen, give it try.

Every Tuesday evening, since our move to Brisbane, Conor and I traveled to Civic Video and rented a disc or two (for $1 each!). We watched 6-8 episodes a week. Now that I think about it...that's where my spare time went over the past six months. Ah well, I think I'm okay with it.

For those of you who know the show, I admit, I'm in love with Josh Lyman's character (played by Bradley Whitford). This fact only plays a small role in my obsession with the show. Or a semi-small role.

If you like politics, give it a whirl. If you don't like politics, definitely give it a try - it might change your mind about the government entirely.

Back to rocking out - it's the only thing that might distract me, now that date night with Josh has come to an end.

1 comment:

  1. Can it be that you and I agree on a television show and a television character? I love The West Wing, thanks to Natalie, and have since started watching it had a crush on Mr. Josh Lyman as well. In other news, your posts have gotten even more ridiculous. Love you! Your Little Sis

    ReplyDelete