Sunday, March 8, 2009

Barramundi

Okay, it's been a few days, and honestly, I am tired. This may not be the best post ever, but after a good night's sleep, I promise new and exciting information for tomorrow! 

On Thursday evening Conor and I went with Lee, a Kittelson employee, to Gambaro for a seafood dinner. Lee, who has visited Australia numerous times, recommended the Barramundi, a fresh-water, white fish. Barramundi is found in Northern Australia. It is similiar to cod and can be prepared multiple ways, baked, grilled, battered and fried, etc. Conor opted for the parmesan encrusted Barramundi, while I ordered mine grilled with wilted spinach and garlic. It was delicious. My dinner at Gambaro was the first real meal I had in Brisbane. By real I mean, there was a protein, vegetable, starch and glass of wine. The bottle of white from New Zealand paired quite nicely with our fish.

I spent Friday working on my resume and searching for jobs. It was a little cooler and overcast, and therefore, I spent the majority of my day indoors, typing away! I have a few job applications in the works. Hopefully something will come my way within the next week or two.

Stay tuned for Australian BBQ's, lizard-sightings, and City Cat rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment