Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sleep

After staying awake until 9pm yesterday evening, Conor and I both crashed within seconds of hitting the pillow. I woke up bright and early this morning, enjoyed a glass of passion fruit juice, and made my way to the cardio room and pool. Surprisingly, I felt amazing.

Kilometers. And all other metric measurement for that matter. I need a tutorial on converting pounds to kilograms, miles to kilometers, and even fahrenheit to celsius. I ended up running 5.5 kilometers before lying on the floor in front of the air conditioning unit. My body definitely felt 5.5 (not 3.3 miles). I was tempted to hop in the pool on my way back upstairs, but there's a sign posted advising dirty bodies to steer clear of the water.

I spent the remainder of my day job hunting, cleaning/unpacking, searching for lizards, and sleeping. A pretty uneventful day. I tried to stay awake. I really did. One minute I was wide awake and the next, passed out on the couch. Conor arrived home at 8pm to find me enjoying nap #2 of the day.

Off to the bank tomorrow to finish setting up our bank accounts, then to the office of immigration to have my visa stamped into my passport. Now, off to sleep, I hope. Maybe tomorrow I will find my lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment